What is heat treatment?
Heat treatment is the process of changing the property of materials by heating and cooling in order to meet utility purpose.
MTC introduced vacuum heat treatment furnace in 1972, and became the forefront in the trade. Today we have a large number of equipment including the largest size of vacuum furnace in Japan. We have been handling ideal heat treatment considering the property of materials.
01. Heat treatment using vacuum furnaces
We provide various types of heat treatment such as solution treatment, precipitation hardening, stabilizing, hardening, quenching & tempering, annealing, stress relieving, sintering, diffusion treatment. In total we have over forty vacuum furnaces in operation spread throughout our plants.
- To improve wear resistance, corrosion resistance, mechanical properties, and physical properties.
- Due to non-oxidizing treatment, machining is not required after heat treatment.
- Oxidation can be avoided during heat treatment by use of a multi-chamber vacuum furnace.
- With our large scale vacuum furnace, we can heat treat large bulk items as well as mass produce a large quantity at one time (max 2,000 mm square).
- Heat treatment minimizes deformation and distortion.
Single-chamber vacuum furnace
Two-chamber vacuum furnace
Three-chamber vacuum furnace
02. Heat treatment using atmosphere furnace
The examples of this are heat treatment, selective oxidation, nitriding, carburizing, sub-zero treatment, etc. for parts and raw materials. In total we have over forty atmosphere furnaces in operation spread throughout our plants.
- To improve mechanical and physical properties.
- To induce hydrogen adsorption into parts and materials.
- To induce surface modification by atmosphere gas.
- A choice of three gases can be utilized to optimize heat treatment: hydrogen, argon gas, or nitrogen gas.
01. High quality
- Capable of processing parts with high specification requirements for industries such as aviation and nuclear power.
- We have many years of experience which provides high level of equipment, temperature, and maintenance management, special process, and outstanding quality management system.
- Acquired Nadcap (the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program) certification for the Shiga, Suzhou, and Himeji plants.
- Certified Heat Treatment Specialists:
Grade 1: 7 people
Grade 2: 98 people (August 31, 2016)
02. Experience / Achievement
- We have over 55 years of heat treatment experience and have accumulated a large technical database available to all our plants.
- We have extensive experience in the nuclear power, aerospace, aircraft, and electric appliance industries where a high level of quality management are essential and required.
Stress relief heat treatment of
Solution treatment / age hardening of airplane parts
Solution treatment /age hardening of precision castings
Any request about products, and ask for quotation can be made here. Other questions and requests about the company can also be made here.
- Company information
- Technology information (Japanese)
- Technology information (English)
- HIP unit list
- Possible material combinations for brazing
- Capability List
- FAA Capability List
- AM overview slides