Heat exchanger plates
- Machining nickel based alloys is very difficult and the wear on the machining tools is a heavy additional cost. Added to this is the lack of accuracy in construction of the pieces, and the need for a large surface area to be bonded to a high standard. As a result the quality of products is unpredictable and difficult to guarantee; additionally many bonding defects are found during production.
- We proposed two elements of change to the original processes. Firstly we slightly changed the machining used which enabled us to reduce the burden on materials and increased the accuracy of the bonding conditions with diffusion bonding maintaining uniformity and no distortion by effectively using MTC’s Hot Press facilities and know-how.
The improvement of the process and construction methods helped stabilize the components effect on the outcome of the bonding. In addition, determining optimal bonding conditions for each product reduced the defect rate to zero.
Any request about products, and ask for quotation can be made here. Other questions and requests about the company can also be made here.
- Company information
- Technology information (Japanese)
- Technology information (English)
- HIP unit list
- Possible material combinations for brazing
- Capability List
- FAA Capability List
- AM overview slides
- MICROTRON Test Machine MIC1